Why study at the University Centre at Leeds City College?
Leeds is a popular city with students and a great place to study. We can help you reach your potential, during and after your studies.
At Leeds City College, the main Higher Education qualification we offer is the Foundation Degree. Foundation Degrees are well respected qualifications in their own right and develop specific expertise relevant to a particular sector of industry.
This includes key transferable skills such as learning skills, management of self, communication skills, ICT and numeracy skills, academic writing skills etc.
Foundation Degrees are flexible qualifications and are designed to meet the need of employers for highly skilled, work-ready personnel. The qualifications are similar to Higher National Diplomas, but with added emphasis on work-based learning.
Unless a course states otherwise, Foundation Degrees generally last two years (full time) though some courses offer a part time study option – please see individual course entries for further details.
You can be confident that our courses are industry relevant and current, written in consultation with employers and key industry partners.
Students spend the first two years at Leeds City College to attain a Foundation Degree, and then have the option to top up their qualification to gain a full honours degree, either with us at Leeds City College or at an alternative institution.
- Fees for 2019/2020: full-time £7,250 per academic year, part-time £3,625 per academic year (unless otherwise stated).
- Condensed Timetables: full-time = 2 days per week, part-time = 1 evening / 1 day per week (unless otherwise stated).
- Excellent work-related learning: maximising employment opportunities.
- Smaller classes = greater support.
- Excellent tutor support: access to College Student Support Services.
- Best of both worlds: a student experience in a big city with a personalised, supportive environment.
- Study full-time or part-time: we have something for everyone.
Leeds City College University Centre courses are validated by either Leeds City College, The Open University, Teesside University or Pearson.
All information regarding fees and other related information are current but are subject to change for unforeseen reasons at the College’s absolute discretion. Please check with the College for the latest fee information. Government policy on entitlement to fee reductions and tax or benefit rules is subject to change. The information printed reflects the College’s understanding at this time but students should check the current position and their personal circumstances before committing to a College course. Students are required to pay fees by the due date and failure to do so could lead to your results not being presented to the relevant examination board, and therefore result in you not receiving your certificate.