Over the last 12 months, our University Centre has developed a new range of Higher & Degree Level Apprenticeships in areas including:
- Chartered Manager Degree Apprenticeship
- Assistant Practitioner (Health) (Level 5)
- Higher Apprenticeship in Advanced Manufacturing Engineering (Level 4)
- Software Developer (Level 4)
- Network Engineer (Level 4)
- Laboratory Scientist Degree Apprenticeship
- Laboratory Technician Advanced Apprenticeship (Level 3)
- Learning and Skills Teacher Apprenticeship (Level 5)
- Teacher Apprenticeship (Level 6)
- Academic Professional Apprenticeship Level 7
In an intensely competitive global market, the UK must ensure its workforce, now and in the future, contains more higher skilled people and the Higher Level & Degree Apprenticeships above have been developed in response to this need.
We have been successfully recruiting to these Apprenticeship since Sept 2016 and will be developing our offer further in the future to cover more sectors.
If you're a student:
A Higher Level or Degree Apprenticeship is a great alternative to more traditional higher education routes. You will benefit from:
- The potential to achieve gradute and postgraduate-level qualifications whilst learning & earning in a real business gaining job specific skills.
- The opportunity to gain professional accreditation and membership.
- Lower or no debt - the Government has announced additional budget to fund the higher education qualifications that make up a higher apprenticeship.
- A clear pathway to achieve your career ambitions with more potential opportunities for progression, a higher potential lifetime earning capacity plus more recognition and status in your sector.
If you'd like to talk to one of our team about these courses - call us: 0113 216 2406 / 2431 or email email@example.com
Please note that students applying for a Higher Level or Degree apprenticeship are expected to be in employment or actively seeking employment in a relevant field. However if students are not employed and can provide an up to date CV, Leeds City College can help to support them in their search by working with the Apprenticeship team to look at possible vacancies.
If you're an employer:
Employers in a number of sectors are realising the benefits of Higher Level & Degree Apprenticeships for up-skilling existing staff and recruiting a higher calibre of staff from a wider talent pool.
With the introduction of the new Apprenticeship Levy for large businesses in April 2017, the number of Higher Level & Degree Apprenticeships is expected to rise again when large companies switch to offering these instead of more traditional staff development to maximise their levy payments.
If you'd like to talk to one of our team about how we can support you to up-skill your existing staff or take on an Apprentice - contact us: 0113 308 7971 / firstname.lastname@example.org