Having the right skills in a dynamic and rapidly changing business landscape has never been more important. Most businesses are familiar with the need for mandatory and new starter training for employees, but less familiar with the importance and benefits of training existing staff.
A highly skilled workforce with an up-to-date knowledge base can quickly adapt to new opportunities, challenges and changes in technology and the market place. This will help to improve productivity, deliver growth and enable your business to remain competitive.
grOw - the new Commercial Division of Leeds City College - can offer businesses large or small a range of qualifications and non-accredited courses to support staff development and growth.
Staff Development & Training
We offer a range of training including - Business Development & Planning, Financial Skills, Marketing Communications, Digital Marketing & Social Media, Sales & Customer Service.
We also have a substantial Management & Professional Development offer including:
- Professional qualifications from a range of professional bodies including: CILEX, AAT, CIM, CIPD, CIPS, CMI and CICM.
- Short, non-accredited courses including: Coaching Skills, Conflict Management, Delegation Skills, Embracing Change, High Performing Teams, HR Consulting, Intrapreneurship, MBTI (Myers Briggs Type Indicator), Project Management, StengthsFinder TM 2:0, Stress Management, The Five Dysfunctions of a Team, Thomas Kilmann Instrument (TKI) and Train the Trainer - plus many more!
Most of this training can be tailored to specifically address your business needs. Our highly qualified and experienced team of Associates and Tutors can deliver most training on business premises and are flexible to be able to offer dates and times convenient to you.
Health & Safety, Food Safety & First Aid
These courses run throughout the year - to find out more - click here
IT Vendor Qualifications @ The Network Academy
Courses include Cisco CCNA 1/2/3/4 & Security, Microsoft 410/411/412, Linux Essentials, Citrix, EC-Council & EMC. For details - click here
External Funding for Training
Building on a wealth of previous projects & external funding experience, grow, the commercial division of Leeds City College, are involved in a number of high value projects to support SMEs with funding for staff training.
We are a provider for the Sheffield City Region Skills Bank - details of which can be found here.
Leeds City College is part of the West Yorkshire Consortium of Colleges (WYCC) Joint Venture (JV) partnership. Working with the colleges and other partners, WYCC has secured over £12 million from the European Social Fund (ESF) to:
- provide new training and skills for those in low paid, low skilled work (More Skills Better Jobs);
- help more people into higher level training (Reach higher)
- increase collaboration between businesses and training providers to improve the skills of the workforce (The Skills Service).
The Skills Service offers a unique package of training and support for businesses in the Leeds City Region and could help your business with planning, funding and sourcing training. Find out more about The Skills Service on the website www.skillsservice.co.uk.
Want to find out more?
If you’d like to review our full offer in more detail please view our Training Guide here.
For more information about training available, please contact us on 0113 386 1997 or email email@example.com