For these programmes you will study the following modules:
HNC and HND
- Engineering Design (Core unit)
- Engineering Maths (Core unit)
- Engineering Science (Core unit)
- Managing a Professional Engineering Project (Core unit)
- Quality and Process Improvement (Specialist unit)
- Production Engineering for Manufacture (Specialist unit)
- Engineering Management
- Materials, Properties and Testing
- Further Mathematics (HND only)
- Sustainability (HND only)
- Professional Engineering Management (HND only)
- Lean Manufacturing (HND only)
- Advanced Manufacturing Technology (HND only)
- Manufacturing Systems Engineering (HND only)
- Research Project (HND only)
The HNC/HND in Manufacturing Engineering will develop core competencies for the practicing engineer alongside softer skills such as business techniques and time management. The range of skills acquired will provide a pathway into diverse career opportunities within the engineering sector.
HNC/Ds in Engineering are assessed using a combination of internal assessment (set and marked by Leeds City College), and internally assessed Pearson-set assignments (which are set by Pearson and marked by centres): In particular, the assessments include:
● One core unit for the HNC will be assessed by a mandatory Pearson-set assignment.
● Two core units for the HND will be assessed by a mandatory Pearson-set assignment.
● All other units are assessed by centre-devised assignments.
This course will be delivered at the Printworks Campus. However the Keighley College also offers the HNC in Manufacturing Engineering, details of which can be found here
For the latest version of the programme specifications for this course please see the following link:
Relevant A-levels, relevant BTEC Level 3/National Certificate at MM or above, also industrial experience will also be considered.
If you wish to apply for one of our part-time Higher Education courses, please apply here
These qualifications prepare you for employment the manufacturing industry (such as production engineer, manufacturing engineer or manufacturing planner) or assist you with progression within employment or further study. In particular, the HND qualification is recognised by some higher education providers as meeting admission requirements to the later stages of engineering degree programmes.