For these programmes you will study the following modules:
HNC and HND
- Engineering Design (Core unit)
- Engineering Maths (Core unit)
- Engineering Science (Core unit)
- Managing a Professional Engineering Project (Core unit)
- Electrical and Electronic Principles (Core unit)
- Engineering Management
- Automation, Robotics and PLCs
- Electronic circuit and devices
- Further Mathematics (HND only)
- Sustainability (HND only)
- Professional Engineering Management HND only
- Industrial Systems (HND only)
- Industrial Power, Electronics and Storage (HND only)
- Lean Manufacturing (HND only)
- Research Project (HND only)
The HNC/HND in Electrical and Electronic Engineering will develop core competencies for the practicing engineer alongside softer skills such as business techniques and time management. The range of skills acquired will provide a pathway into diverse career opportunities within the engineering sector.
HNC/Ds in Engineering are assessed using a combination of internal assessment (set and marked by Leeds City College), and internally assessed Pearson-set assignments (which are set by Pearson and marked by centres): In particular, the assessments include:
● One core unit for the HNC will be assessed by a mandatory Pearson-set assignment.
● Two core units for the HND will be assessed by a mandatory Pearson-set assignment.
● All other units are assessed by centre-devised assignments.
This course will be delivered at the Printworks Campus.
For the latest version of the programme specifications for this course please see the following link:
A* to C grade in GCSE Maths and relevant A-levels or relevant BTEC Level 3/National Certificate at MM or above. Industrial experience will also be considered.
English: Level B2 (CEFR), PTE 51, IELTS 5.5 or equivalent
If you wish to apply for one of our part-time Higher Education courses for September 2019, please apply here
These qualifications prepare you for employment in electrical engineering (such as electronics engineer, electrical design engineer or sales engineer) or assist you with progression within employment or further study. In particular, the HND qualification is recognised by some higher education providers as meeting admission requirements to the later stages of engineering degree programmes.