Year 1 Units:
- Anatomy and Physiology
- Fitness Training and Programming for Health, Sport and Wellbeing
- Professional Development in the Sports Industry
- Sports Leadership
- Practical Sports Performance
- Coaching for Performance
- Research Methods in Sport
Year 2 Units:
- Skill Acquisition in Sport
- Investigating Business in Sport and the Active Leisure Industry
- Development and Provision of Sport and Physical Activity
Chosen Pathway Units, Year 2:
- Coaching and Teaching - Sports Performance Analysis
- Coaching and Teaching - Technical and Tactical Demands for Sport
- Coaching and Teaching - Rules Regulations and Officiating in Sport
- Coaching and Teaching - Work Experience in Active Leisure
- Fitness and Leisure - Leisure Centre Operations
- Fitness and Leisure - Application of Fitness Testing
- Fitness and Leisure - Leisure Management
- Fitness and Leisure - Work Experience in Active Leisure
- Therapy - Sports Injury Management
- Therapy - Sports Event Organisation
- Therapy - Sports Psychology
- Therapy - Work Experience in Active Leisure
All new NQF BTEC qualifications are a mixture of internal and external assessment, including exams. In year one there will be one exam and one controlled assessment and in year two there are two controlled assessments.
The internally assessed units will be assessed across a range of assessment methods including leading coaching sessions, administering treatments, presentations, reports and video submission. The methods selected are designed to develop the range of skills needed for students to progress onto university.
English or Maths at grade 4 or above, and three other grades including Science at either C or above /4 or above, depending on grading used.
Level 2 Diploma at Merit grade with English and maths at minimum grade C.
All applicants must have a genuine interest in working in sport, be prepared to participate in physical activities, work in a team, overcome personal challenges and have an enthusiastic approach to learning. Applicants must be willing to work flexibly in order to meet their work experience requirements.
After successful completion of this course, you could look into gaining a degree in your chosen area or undertaking a higher apprenticeship with a business.