To be awarded the Level 3 Certificate (350) in Coaching and Performance, learners are required to successfully complete 8 mandatory units.
- Leadership and Coaching
- Delivery of Sport and Physical Activity
- How to develop your career in sport
- Understanding Athletes lifestyle
- Technical and Tactical skills
- Supporting Talented Athletes
This qualification has a mixture of internal assessment.
The units will be assessed across a range of assessment methods including leading coaching sessions, presentations, reports and video submission. The methods selected are designed to develop the range of skills needed for students to progress onto university.
Level 2 Sport qualification.
A grade 4 in either English or Maths.
All applicants must have a genuine interest in working in sport, be prepared to participate in physical activities, work in a team, overcome personal challenges and have an enthusiastic approach to learning. Applicants must be willing to work flexibly in order to meet their work experience requirements.
Examples of further/higher education progression routes:
- Level 3 Certificate in Personal Training
- Level 3 PESS
- NGB coaching awards
- Apprenticeships in various sectors within sport and physical activity
- Advanced Level Apprenticeship in Sports Development or Fitness
- Foundation degree/Degree in Sport and Exercise Science
- Foundation degree/Degree in PE
- Foundation degree/Degree in Sports Coaching and Development
- Foundation degree/Degree in Sport and Leisure