During this qualification you will learn:
- How to promote and maintain the health and wellbeing of animals to a higher level through a range of practical activities
- Plan the feeding and watering of animals
- Plan the maintenance of animal enclosures
- How to monitor the health of animals and maintain accurate records
- Promote, monitor and maintain health, safety and security in the workplace
- Plan the accommodation of animals
- Monitor and evaluate the accommodation of animals
- Plan diets and feeding regimes for animals
- Monitor and evaluate the feeding of animals
- Handle animals
- Recognise and interpret the behaviour of animals
You will be assessed by practical and written assignments.
Level 2 in Practical Animal Care Skills and made improvement in your GCSE resits (if applicable).
Four GCSEs, two at grade 4 in either English/maths or science and two other GCSEs at grade 3
Once you have completed your ABC Level 3 in Small Animal Care Skills, you can study an access to HE programme or go directly on to employment.