The following subjects will be covered:
You will cover four advanced units
- Skills and knowledge in diagnosing and rectifying:
- electrical faults
- light vehicle engine faults
- light vehicle transmission and drive-line faults
- light vehicle chassis-system faults
Health and Safety in the automotive environment
Tools, equipment and materials
Job roles within the automotive sector
You will be assessed through
- practical tasks
- online testing
- written assignments
- e-portfolio of evidence of these practical tasks, online tests and written assignments
Your tutor will be on-hand to support and guide you.
The course runs at our Printworks Campus.
You will need to have completed a level 2 programme in Vehicle Light Maintenance and Repair.
5 GCSEs grade D or 3, to include English, maths and science.
You may also need to attend an interview for this course.
After successful completion of this course you will be able to seek employment in the motor vehicle industry or progress onto a Higher Level or Degree Level Apprenticeship.