• Fundamentals of computer systems
• Human computer interaction
• Principles of computer science
• Software design and development
• IT systems security and encryption
• Business applications of social media
You will be assessed in a variety of ways. Four of the modules are externally assessed. The remaining modules will be assessed internally, usually through assignment. Support and guidance will be given by your tutor and the computer science department.
A minimum of 5 GCSE passes at GCSE grade 4 or above (GCSE grade C) including English and maths at Grade C.
You will be placed on the course that matches your qualifications at enrolment.
You may enter the world of work, seek a higher apprenticeship, or progress onto a top-up course to increase your UCAS points to gain entry to our degree level courses (Applied Computing, or Networking and Systems Security).