• Information Technology systems
• Creating systems to manage information
• Using social media in business
• Website development
Assessment is through portfolio, assignments and external assessments. Your course teachers will guide you through the assignment criteria for each unit and make sure you are prepared to achieve your best.
Entry requirements can be a range of qualifications that should include minimum of four GCSEs at Grade 4 (C) or above (to include English and preferably maths), or equivalent.
Students should have a genuine interest in IT and a commitment to complete homework and independent study by agreed deadlines.
Your options after completing this course are:
- Continue to year two and top-up to the full Extended Diploma in IT.
- Continue to year two and top up to the full Diploma in IT.
- Seek an apprenticeship or relevant employment.
- Following your diploma, you can also apply to university.
Adnom studied the Extended Certificate and then completed the full Diploma in his second year with Digital & IT at Leeds City College.
Andom enjoyed the experience and flexibility of College education and worked to support himself throughout the qualification. He produced excellent work and has successfully progressed onto the University Centre, studying a foundation degree programme in IT at levels 4 and 5.