• Exploring business
• Developing a marketing campaign
• Personal and business finance
• One other topic from a range of five other business areas
Assessment is through portfolio, assignments and external assessments. Your course teachers will guide you through the assignment criteria for each unit and make sure you are prepared to achieve your best.
Entry requirements should include minimum of four GCSEs at grade 4 or above in English and preferably maths, and grade C or above in all other subjects, or equivalent.
You should have a genuine interest in business and a commitment to complete homework and independent study by agreed deadlines.
Your options after completing this course are:
- Continue to year two and top-up to the full Extended Diploma in Business
- Continue to year two and top up to the full Diploma in Business
- Continue to year two and top up to the Foundation Diploma in Business
- Continue to year two but study IT in either the Certificate, Extended Certificate or Foundation Diploma.
- Seek an apprenticeship or employment.