This course includes all the required elements to work as a specialist beauty therapist in hair removal and skin rejuvenation. Mandatory units include:
- Providing electrical epilation
- Advanced epilation techniques
- Laser and light treatments for hair removal
- Laser and light treatments for skin rejuvenation
- Management of health, safety and security in the salon
- Physiology of ageing
- Quality management of client care in the hair and beauty sector
You will develop practical skills to perform a range of treatments meeting the specification our awarding body requirements.
These skills will allow you to work both independently and as a team to gain professional awareness in preparation for the beauty industry.
Communication and interpersonal skills desirable for employment will also be enhanced.
You will build a portfolio of evidence and be assessed continually throughout your programme.
Practical observations – assessment of treatments
Written assessment will include a variety of tasks, assignments, workbooks and case studies.
The course is delivered at the Printworks Campus in a range of newly equipped state of the art practical salons, theory classrooms and active learning zones which are incorporate the use of iPads and laptops.
Learners will be invited in for an information and interview session on completion of the application form.
Four grade 4s or above (one of the grades must be in maths, English or both)
Previous attainment of a level 2/3 qualification in beauty therapy along with a successful skills test and interview.
This specialist subject area means that you will broaden your employability and career opportunities.
- Work in a commercial beauty salon/ spa/ skin clinic
- Work in professional product retail concession
- Work independently as a freelance
- Work within a specialist field- methods of hair removal/ skin rejuvenation
- Be a beauty therapy trainer
- Be a beauty salon/spa manager