• Shampoo and condition
• Colour and lightening hair
• Cutting women's hair
• Working in hair industry
• Plaiting and twisting
• Client consultation
• Health & Safety
• Promote products and services
• Create an image
• Art of dressing hair
You will develop a wide array of skills including:
- Hairdressing up to L2 standard
- Communication skills
- Confidence skills
- Industry understanding
- Work experience and enterprise skills
- Competition opportunities
- Minimum standards and expectations within the industry
- Health and safety legislation within the industry
- Dexterity skills
- E-learning is a key part of this course
You will be assessed through practical observations and theoretical examinations, along with a review of your portfolio to showcase your skills in preparation for employment.
The course will be delivered at our Printworks Campus.
Entry requirements are a minimum of four GCSEs at grade 4 or above (A – C).
You will also need a dedication, desire and passion to become a hairstylist. Be prepared to attend an interview to determine your skillset.
After successful completion of this course you will be able to apply to our Level 3 Diploma in Hairdressing. Alternatively you can seek other vocationally related pathways that will enhance your professional skillset.