This course includes all the required elements to work as a beauty therapist. Mandatory units include:
- Facial skincare, manual facials including cleansing, facial massage and mask application
- Removal of hair using waxing techniques
- Providing eyelash and brow treatments
- Providing manicure treatments
- Providing pedicure treatments
- Client care and communication in beauty related industries
- Following health and safety practice in the salon
- Nail art
You will have the opportunity to develop your understanding and skills further with the addition of optional specialist units.
Students will develop practical skills to perform a range of treatments meeting the specification of the awarding body.
These skills will allow students to work both independently, and as a team, to gain professional awareness in preparation for beauty industry.
Communication and interpersonal skills desirable for employment will also be enhanced.
You will build a portfolio of evidence and assessed continually throughout your programme.
Practical observations – assessment of treatments
Written assessment is a variety of tasks, assignments, workbooks and case studies
End of unit tests
The course is delivered at the Printworks Campus in a range of newly equipped state of the art practical beauty salons, theory classrooms and active learning zones which are incorporate the use of i-pads and laptops.
Learners will be invited in for an information and interview session on completion of the application form.
Four grade 4s or above (one of the grades must be in maths, English or both)
Previous attainment of a level 1 qualification in beauty therapy along with a successful skills test and interview.
You could progress on to the Level 3 Beauty Therapy Treatments course to broaden your employability and career opportunities.
On successful completion of Level 2 Beauty Therapy course, you could:
- Work in a commercial beauty salon/day spa
- Work in retail concession
- Work independently as a freelance