• Level 3 NVQ Diploma in Professional Cookery (Preparation and Cooking)
• Develop productive working relationships with colleagues
• Prepare, cook and finish fish, shellfish, meat, poultry, game and vegetarian complex dishes
• Finish game for complex dishes
• Prepare, cook and finish complex pastry products
• Prepare, cook and finish marzipan, pastillage and sugar products
• Prepare, finish and present canapes and cocktail products
• Prepare, cook and finish complex hot desserts
• Produce sauces, fillings and coatings for complex desserts
• Contribute to the control of resources
• Contribute to the development of recipes and menus
The optional units are chosen by the employer to reflect your job role
• Level 3 Certificate in Hospitality and Catering Principles (Professional Cookery) - QCF
Apprenticeships give you the opportunity to work for a real employer, earn a real salary and gain a real qualification whilst gaining valuable workplace skills and experience.
A wide range of assessment methods are used both in the classroom environment and workplace. Evidence reflects how you have carried out the process relating to your competence.
For example: The process that you carry out could be recorded in an observation or witness testimony. Products relating to your competence could be minutes of a meeting, e mails, letters, manufacturing instructions, photos and health and safety checks.
Different forms of questioning are carried out on an on-going part of the assessment process.
One day a week is spent in college (Mondays at Printworks) learning the theory and basis of application in a supportive learning environment.
For the rest of the week they will have paid employment within a catering establishment. They will be given the opportunity and support to practice and develop they newly acquired knowledge and skills.
A rigorous recruitment and selections process is carried out to ensure that the aspiring apprentices are suited to enduring this exciting and challenging route of study. At least a level 2 in Professional cookery is essential and GCSE grade A-C in English and Maths would be an advantage.
However if you cannot provide evidence of this then you will be required to sit an online assessment test. Employment in a catering establishment.
Search and apply online for our current vacancies or alternatively you can complete the online application form or e-mail a copy of your cv to the Apprenticeship Recruitment Team.
Contact us on: T: 0113 216 2337 / 0113 308 7918 E: firstname.lastname@example.org