• Artisan butchery skills
• End to end processes for primal butchery from carcass selection through to yield control
• Implementation of HACCP, Health & Safety and hygiene principles
• Introduction of skills relating to product development including smoking and curing
• Product development, marketing, sales, income and promotional strategies
• Understand stock control systems and effective procurement and purchasing techniques
You will be able to perfect skills within the meat industry, such as displaying products, product development. You will also gain skills in varying methods of butchery production and knowledge of artisan products.
You will be assessed at the end of your programme which will include a multi-choice test, a practical skills exam and a professional discussion.
The practical elements of this apprenticeship will be undertaken at your workplace. The study part of this apprenticeship will be carried out at Printworks Campus.
You will need to have a Level 2 Butchery or related qualification and English and maths at Level 1.
After successful completion of the Level 3 Standard you could progress onto our Level 4 in a related area such as Food Technology or product development. Alternatively, you could seek employment at your place of apprenticeship or within the sector.