• Level 3 NVQ Extended Diploma in Engineering Maintenance(QCF)
• Mechanical electrical or electronic engineered systems
• Servicing various systems from lifts to medical equipment
As part of this qualification the learner is required to complete three mandatory units plus three optional units:
• Complying with statutory regulations and organisational safety requirements
• Using and interpreting engineering data and documentation
• Working efficiently and effectively in engineering
Optional Units: Technical Certificate:
• BTEC Level 3 Diploma in Engineering (QCF)
• (Double) mathematics for engineering technicians
• Computer aided drafting for technicians
• Electro, pneumatic and hydraulic systems and devices
• Electrical and electronic principles
Apprenticeships give you the opportunity to work for a real employer, earn a real salary and gain a real qualification whilst gaining valuable workplace skills and experience.
A wide range of assessment methods are used both in the classroom environment and workplace. Evidence reflects how you have carried out the process relating to your competence.
For example: The process that you carry out could be recorded in an observation or witness testimony.
Products relating to your competence could be minutes of a meeting, e mails, letters, manufacturing instructions, photos and health and safety checks.
Different forms of questioning are carried out on an on-going part of the assessment process.
It will depend on your employer whether you attend college one day a week or full time at our Printworks Campus learning the theory and basis of application in a supportive learning environment. For the rest of the week you will be in paid employment within an engineering establishment.
You will be given the opportunity and support to practice and develop the newly acquired knowledge and skills.
A rigorous recruitment and selections process is carried out to ensure that the aspiring apprentices are suited to enduring this exciting and challenging route of study. GCSE grade A-C in English, Maths and IT are essential.
However if you cannot provide evidence of this then you will be required to sit an online assessment test. Employment in a engineering establishment.
Search and apply online for our current vacancies or alternatively you can complete the online application form or e-mail a copy of your cv to the Apprenticeship Recruitment Team.
Contact us on: T: 0113 216 2337 / 0113 308 7918 E: email@example.com