• NVQ Level 3 Extended Diploma Fabrication and Welding Engineering
• Plateworking (3mm or thicker) OR sheet metal (up to and including 3mm)
• Using and interpreting engineering drawings and documents
• Cutting and shaping using shearing, thermal cutting, saws and discs materials
• Welding materials using the various processes
• Technical Certificate EAL Level 3 Diploma in Engineering (QCF)
• Principles of engineering, fabrication and welding using metal inert gas (MIG)
• Welding, pattern development, thick plate work, structural steel work and sheet metal work
Apprenticeships give you the opportunity to work for a real employer, earn a real salary and gain a real qualification whilst gaining valuable workplace skills and experience.
A wide range of assessment methods are used both in the classroom environment and workplace. Evidence reflects how you have carried out the process relating to your competence.
For example: The process that you carry out could be recorded in an observation or witness testimony. Products relating to your competence could be minutes of a meeting, e mails, letters, manufacturing instructions, photos and health and safety checks.
Different forms of questioning are carried out on an on-going part of the assessment process.
One day a week is spent in college at Printworks Campus learning the theory and basis of application in a supportive learning environment.
For the rest of the week you will be in paid employment within a relevant establishment.
You will be given the opportunity and support to practice and develop the newly acquired knowledge and skills.
You will need to have completed Intermediate Fabrication and Welding. A rigorous recruitment and selections process is carried out to ensure that the aspiring apprentices are suited to enduring this exciting and challenging route of study. GCSE grade A-C in English and Maths would be an advantage.
However if you cannot provide evidence of this then you will be required to sit an online assessment test. Employment in a fabrication and welding establishment.
Search and apply online for our current vacancies https://leedscitycollege.justapply.uk
Contact us on: T: 0113 216 2337 / 0113 308 7918 E: email@example.com