In order to achieve a full Apprenticeship you must successfully complete the different parts of the framework over 18 months.
This consists of sector related industry qualifications:
Level 3 BTEC Diploma in IT Professional Competence
- Develop effectiveness and professionalism
- Health and safety in ICT
- Interpersonal and written communication
Technical Optional Units
- Customer Care
- Data modelling
- Creating event driven program
- Technical fault diagnosis
- Working with ICT hardware equipment
- Investigating and defining requirements
- Managing software development
- Creating object oriented computer program
- Creating procedural computer program
- Quality management of ICT products services
- Remote support for products and services
- Security of ICT systems
- Software installation and upgrade
- System management
- System operation
- Technical advice and guidance
- Testing ICT system
- User profile administration
Level 3 BTEC Certificate in ICT Systems and Principles
- Software design fundamentals
- Systems analysis and design
- Web development
- Software testing
Functional Skills qualifications
- Level 2 Functional Skill in English
- Level 2 Functional Skill in Maths
- Level 2 Functional Skill in ICT
Employment Rights and Responsibilities
Personal Learning and Thinking Skills
Apprenticeships give you the opportunity to work for a real employer, earn a real salary and gain a real qualification whilst gaining valuable workplace skills and experience.
A wide range of assessment methods are used both in the classroom environment and workplace. Evidence reflects how you have carried out the process relating to your competence.
For example: The process that you carry out could be recorded in an observation or witness testimony. Products relating to your competence could be minutes of a meeting, e mails, letters, manufacturing instructions, photos and health and safety checks.
Different forms of questioning are carried out on an on-going part of the assessment process.
One day a week at the Network Acedemy at the Technology Campus is spent in college learning the theory and basis of application in a supportive learning environment.
For the rest of the week you will be in paid employment within a IT Software establishment.
You will be given the opportunity and support to practice and develop the newly acquired knowledge and skills.
A rigorous recruitment and selections process is carried out to ensure that the aspiring apprentices are suited to enduring this exciting and challenging route of study. 4 x GCSE at Grade C preferably including English Language, Maths and ICT.
However if you cannot provide evidence of this then you will be required to sit an online assessment test.
Search and apply online for our current vacancies or alternatively you can complete the online application form or e-mail a copy of your cv to the Apprenticeship Recruitment Team.
Contact us on: T: 0113 216 2337 / 0113 308 7918 E: firstname.lastname@example.org