The 14+ Apprenticeship Academy application deadline for September 2019 starts closed on Friday 17 May. All applications received after this date will be added to our waiting list.
The Academy offers an exciting alternative to Years 10 and 11 for young people aged 14+.
The Academy aims to develop young people who are skilled, professional and enterprising and who can make a significant contribution to the growing economy in the Leeds City Region.
Our Academy is a great opportunity for 14 - year - olds to start their journey into the world of work. Students have the opportunity to:
- Develop skills in areas valued by employers, including enterprise and entrepreneurship, which are also essential if you want to set up your own business in the future.
- Develop professional skills and knowledge in areas of employment that are in demand across the region.
- Learn vocationally relevant skills in work environments - for example in the restaurant, butchery, engineering workshops or hairdressing salons on campus or elsewhere.
- Participate in meaningful work experience that is relevant to your chosen vocational areas.
- Work on innovative industry based projects and challenges set by employers, including running your own business.
- Access support from a Business Coach to help with your future career.
The Academy is particularly suitable for those who want to progress onto a Post-16 Apprenticeship.
For more information about the Pupil Premium Grant, click here.
To find out more please contact:
t: 0113 284 6493
For students wanting to enrol to the 14+ Apprenticeship, please fill in the 14+ Apprenticeship Academy Application Form here.
Please see our Student Privacy Notice, this details what information we collect from you, why we process your information and who we share the information with in line with Data Protection Legislation.