You will study 15 units covering skills and knowledge within the below topics:
- Employability and social development
- Teamwork and volunteering
- Food and nutrition
- Caring for young children and babies
- Problem solving
During the course, you will develop a wide range of skills and knowledge linked to the healthcare and adult social care sector.
You will also explore the responsibilities of working as a professional in this sector as well as valuable life and employment skills to aid you in the next steps of your career progression!
You will be assessed through coursework as well as class-based assessments
It is delivered at Quarry Hill Campus.
This course is suitable for adults aged 19+ years.
Your qualifications could include ESOL and Functional Skills at Entry Level 1 or 2, or have few or no qualifications.
You must hold qualifications in both maths and English at Entry Level 2 Functional Skills (or equivalent) or be able to pass initial/diagnostic assessments to show your ability to work at Entry Level 2 or 3.
Successful interview and demonstration of appropriate sector care values.
To complete the course successfully, you must be able and willing to independently complete a minimum number of social action hours within a relevant health and social care setting.
You will receive advice on careers and further study during your course. After successful completion of the course you can choose to:
- Continue your studies with us to develop your maths and English qualifications (up to Entry Level 3) and other vocational qualifications.
- Apply for a level 1 course in health science and social care or childcare for September 2020.