Undertaking this course, you will:
- Enhance and improve your verbal communication skills, specifically empathy, the ability to listen and respect silence
- Enhance and improve your written communication skills
- Gain a basic understanding of what counselling is about and enable you to compare and contrast counselling with other forms of helping activities
- Build upon your understanding of what counselling training entails, allowing you to make a more informed choice as to your suitability to undertake vocational counselling training as opposed to other types of training
- Undertake experiential learning processes that will include a high element of personal growth work, developing further self-confidence and self-esteem
- Be prepared to progress onto our Level 4 Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling
There are various assessment methods on this course; you will undertake a written assessment and undergo an observation of your practical counselling skills.
Classroom based in Rothwell Centre run on Tuesday evening and Friday morning.
Ideally you will need to have undertaken the Level 2 ABC Award in Counselling Concepts or studied a similar level of qualification.
A good standard of English is necessary, to complete the written assignment of this course.
After successful completion of this course you may wish to progress onto our Level 4 Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling Skills.
Alternatively you could seek employment in the area, or enhance your skills in careers such as mentoring support roles, learning support assistants, social work, housing etc.