Undertaking this course, you will:
- Enhance and improve your verbal communication skills, specifically empathy, the ability to listen and respect silence
- Enhance and improve your written communication skills
- Gain a basic understanding of what counselling is about and enable you to compare and contrast counselling with other forms of helping activities
- Develop your understanding of what counselling training entails, allowing you to make a more informed choice as to your suitability to undertake vocational counselling training as opposed to other types of training
- Undertake experiential learning processes that will include a high element of personal growth work, developing further self-confidence and self-esteem
- Be prepared to progress onto appropriate further qualifications
You will develop your communication skill as well as listening and giving feedback.
You will produce a portfolio of work which will be submitted to the awarding body for approval.
Classroom based in Deacon House and Rothwell Centre
There are no formal entry requirements.
After successful completion of this course you may wish to progress onto our Level 3 Counselling course.