This vocational qualification includes all the required elements to work as a beauty therapist. The mandatory units include:
- Exploring the origins of massages and principles of complementary and alternative medicine
- Providing body massages
- Providing massage using pre-blended aromatherapy oils
- Client care and communication in beauty related industries
- Applying stone massage
- Monitoring and maintaining health and safety practice in the salon
- Maintaining personal health and wellbeing
- Providing Indian head massages
You will build a portfolio of evidence and be assessed continually throughout your programme:
Practical observations – assessment of treatments
Written assessment is a variety of tasks, assignments, workbooks and case studies
End of unit tests
The course runs at our Printworks Campus.
Learners will be invited in for an information and interview session on completion of application form
Previous employment, life experiences and a good level of maths and English.
Previous attainment of a level 1/2 qualification in beauty therapy along with a successful skills test and interview.
You could progress on to the Level 4 Beauty Specialist qualification in Skin Rejuvenation and Advanced Hair Removal Techniques to broaden employability and career opportunities.
On successful completion of the Level 3 Beauty Therapy course, you could work in a commercial beauty salon, destination spa or as a day spa massage therapist or work independently as a freelance.