This course includes all the required elements to work as an advanced hair stylist. Mandatory units include;-
- Colouring hair to create a variety of looks
- Hair colour correction
- Cutting women’s hair to create a variety of looks
- Creative hairdressing design skills
- Styling and dressing hair using a variety of looks
- Hairdressing consultation support for colleagues
- Promoting and selling products and services to clients
- Following health and safety practice in the salon
Students will have the opportunity to further develop their understanding and skills with the addition of optional specialist units providing flexibility to build knowledge.
Underpinning this qualification you will develop a sound knowledge of monitoring health and safety whilst working in the hairdressing industry. You will also develop a knowledge and understanding of the practical skills learned throughout this qualification.
The purpose of this qualification is to develop your practical skills to an advanced level of occupational ability to enable you to perform your own salon services as well as support others.
Learners will build a portfolio of evidence and be assessed continually throughout the programme.
Practical observations through assessment.
Written assessment will include assignments, workbooks and case studies.
End of units tests
Learners will be invited in for an information and interview session on completion of the application form.
Previous employment, life experiences and a good level of maths and English.
Previous attainment of a level 2 qualification in hairdressing and a successful skills test and interview.
Students could progress on to the Level 4 Salon Management course to broaden employability and career opportunities.
Students could also:
- Work in a commercial hair salon
- Work in retail concession
- Work independently as a freelance/ home-based settings
- Work in specialist fields, such as colour specialism