This course includes all the required elements to work as a hair stylist. Mandatory units include;-
- Working in the hair industry
- Creating an image based on a theme in the hair and beauty sector
- Colouring and lightening hair
- The art of colouring
- Cutting women’s hair
- The art of dressing hair
- Shampooing and conditioning the hair and scalp
- Client consultation for hair services
- Promoting products and services to clients in a salon
- Following health and safety practice in the salon
Students will have the opportunity to further develop their understanding and skills with the addition of optional specialist units providing flexibility to develop knowledge.
You will develop a wide array of skills including:
- Hairdressing up to L2 standard
- Communication skills
- Confidence skills
- Industry understanding
- Work experience and enterprise skills
- Competition opportunities
- Minimum standards and expectations within the industry
- Health and safety legislation within the industry
- Dexterity skills
- E-learning is a key part of this course
Students will build a portfolio of evidence and be assessed continually throughout the programme.
Practical observations through assessment.
Written assessment will include assignments, workbooks and case studies
End of units tests
Learners will be invited in for an information and interview session on completion of the application form.
Previous employment, life experiences and a good level of maths and English.
Previous attainment of a level 1 qualification in hairdressing along with a successful skills test and interview.
Students can continue on to the Hairdressing Level 3 course, which will broaden employability and career opportunities.
Learners could also progress on to:
- Working in a commercial hair salon
- Working in retail concession
- Working independently as a freelance/ in a home-based setting