This course includes all the required elements to work as a hairdressing assistant. Mandatory units include;-
- Working with others in the hair and beauty sector
- Creating a hair and beauty image
- Presenting a professional image in a salon
- Colouring hair using temporary colour
- Styling women’s hair
- Styling men’s hair
- Plaiting and twisting hair
- Shampooing and conditioning
- Salon reception duties
- Creating and maintaining retail displays
- Introduction to the hair and beauty sector
- Following health and safety in the salon
Students will have the opportunity to further develop their understanding and skills with the addition of optional specialist units providing flexibility to develop their knowledge.
Students will build a portfolio of evidence and be assessed continually throughout the programme.
Practical observations through assessment
Written assessments include assignments, workbooks and case studies
End of units tests
Learners will be invited in for an information and interview session on completion of the application form.
Previous employment, life experiences and a good level of maths and English.
Previous attainment of a level 1 qualification would be beneficial and a successful skills test and interview.
Learners can go on to the Hairdressing Level 2 course, which will broaden employability and career opportunities.
On successful completion of Level 1 Hairdressing, students could work in a commercial hair salon as an assistant.
Work in retail concession