The units provide an in-depth understanding of the key areas for managing health and safety, covering moral, economic and societal drivers, health and safety law and health and safety management systems.
- A1 - Principles of health and safety management
- A2 - Principles of health and safety law
- A3 - Criminal law
- A4 - Civil law
- A5 - Loss causation and incident investigation
- A6 - Measuring and reviewing health and safety
- A7 - Identifying hazards, assessing and evaluating risk
- A8 - Risk control
- A9 - Organisational factors
- A10 - Human factors
- A11 - The role of health and safety practitioner
Units A, B and C are each assessed by one three hour written examination consisting of two parts. The questions in part A are all compulsory. For part B, students must answer three out of the five questions featured on the paper. Candidate scripts are marked by external examiners appointed by NEBOSH.
Written and verbal understanding of the English language
Basic health and safety knowledge, Managing Safely IOSH, General Certificate NEBOSH
A fully qualified diploma in health and safety that will open many doors and offer opportunity