Unit C- Workplace and equipment safety
Unit C provides a thorough understanding of how to create and manage safe working environments, covering welfare, fire, dangerous substances, work equipment, electricity, construction and transport.
- C1 - Workplace welfare requirements and specific workplace issues
- C2 - Fire and explosion
- C3 - Workplace fire risk assessment
- C4 - Storage, handling and processing of dangerous substances
- C5 - Work equipment (general)
- C6 - Work equipment (workplace machinery)
- C7 - Mobile, lifting, access and work at height equipment
- C8 - Electrical safety
- C9 - Construction and works of a temporary nature - hazards and controls
- C10 - Workplace transport and driving for work
Units A, B and C are each assessed by one three hour written examination consisting of two parts. The questions in part A are all compulsory. For part B, students must answer three out of the five questions featured on the paper. Candidate scripts are marked by external examiners appointed by NEBOSH.
Written and verbal understanding of the English language.
Basic health and safety knowledge, IOSH Managing Safely, NEBOSH General Certificate
A fully qualified diploma in health and safety that will open many doors and offer opportunity.