HABC Food Safety Award (Level 2)
The HABC Level 2 Award in Practical Food Safety for Catering has been developed to provide learners with the knowledge and understanding and the skills required to operate safely within food handling environments.
It is specifically for those employed or wishing to be employed in the catering and hospitality sector.
Successful completion of this training programme and assessment will enable candidates to understand:
- the terminology used in food safety the laws that apply to food businesses and food handlers
- the requirements of the current regulations the concepts of food hazards and how the risk of food poisoning can be contained
- how to take product and equipment temperatures
- how a reduction in storage temperature will minimise bacterial multiplication
- the importance of high temperatures in the supply of safe food Catering & Hospitality 32 33 Catering & Hospitality 33
- that food handlers can pose a risk to food safety the importance of utilising appropriate storage conditions for different types of food
- the importance of cleaning in food premises
- the need for high standards for structure and equipment to promote good hygiene in food premises.