This course has been developed to provide learners with the knowledge, understanding and the skills required to operate safely within food handling environments. It is specifically for those employed or wishing to be employed in the catering and hospitality sector.
Successful completion of this training programme and assessment will enable candidates to understand:
- HACCP from purchase to service
- Food safety law and enforcement
- Cleaning and disinfection
- Food pests and control
- Food premises and equipment
- Spoilage and preservation
- Food poisoning and its control
- Food handlers and personal hygiene
- Microbiological hazards (bacteria)
This qualification can be assessed by a multiple choice examination or open response workbook.
Written and verbal understanding of the English language.
Supervising in Food Catering/Retail Level 3