Attending a one day training course, you will:
- Learn the basics of recognising illness
- CPR/Recovery Position/Choking/Shock
- Treatment of simple wounds and blood loss
- How to deal with heart attacks and unconsciousness
- Treatment of eye injuries and burns
- Record keeping
- Purchasing supplies and maintenance of a first aid box
Learners must undertake a practical assessment of their competence along
with a short open response knowledge assessment, where learners are
required to provide a short response to a prescribed series of questions.
This course is delivered at our Printworks Campus.
This 3 day course is available with various start dates throughout the year.
- September 19th 20th, 21st 2017 (T/W/Th)
- October 25th 26th, 27th 2017 (W/Th/Fr)
- November 14th 15th, 16th 2017 (T/W/Th)
- December 6th 7th, 8th 2017 (W/Th/Fr)
- January 22nd 23rd 24th 2018 (M/T/W)
- February 7th 8th, 9th 2018 (W/Th/Fr)
- March 12th 2018 (M/Tu/Wed)
- April 4th 5th, 6th 2018 (W/Th/Fr)
- May 22nd 23rd 24th 2018 (T/W/Th)
- June 5th 6th 7th 2018 (T/W/Th)
- July 4th 5th, 6th 2018 (W/Th/Fr)
In line with guidance provided by the HSE, the qualification supports/approves work place emergency first aiders for a period
of 3 years, after which point learners will need to retake the course. In addition to this it is also recommended that learners refresh their knowledge annually.
Following the completion of this qualification, learners may wish to undertake higher level first aid courses.