Online English Functional Skills for Adults
We are offering an exciting online course designed for those with busy lives who may find it difficult to attend a class every week. The start dates are flexible throughout the year and you can work at your own pace. This online course is suitable for those who are ready to gain Level 2 Functional Skills in English.
What should you consider before enrolling onto an online course with Leeds City College?
The list below details some expectations, you will need to:
- Be an independent worker
- Have good organisational skills
- Be self-disciplined
- Have good time management skills
- Understand that online courses require as much - or more - time to complete as traditional classes
- Understand that online courses often require you to use several different technologies
- Expect collaboration with the teacher through various online communication methods
- Expect to see your teacher for a minimum of six progress reviews and tutorials
- Have access to the internet and a computer
Be prepared for an initial assessment to find the level at which you are currently working at, alongside a diagnostic assessment which looks at different elements of the course and identifies which areas you are competent in and which areas require more work.
Although this is an online study course, help and support is provided so you achieve your chosen qualification and a teacher will be assigned to you.
Expect to see your teacher for a minimum of three progress reviews and tutorials, and to complete the Speaking, Listening and Communication unit.