We have structured the units around four themes:
- Theme 1: Health and well-being
- Theme 2: Legislation, frameworks and professional practice
- Theme 3: Play, development and learning for school readiness
- Theme 4: Professional development
Work experience is required for achievement of this qualification. A minimum of 350 placement hours is required.
During placement, learners will need support from a professional, within the real work environment, who will be required to complete professional development records. Experience has to be in more than one age group and include experience with babies.
You will develop the skills to work as an Early Years Educator.
Course providers will support learners, who need to achieve English and Maths GCSEs at grade C or above, alongside this qualification.
You will be assessed through:
- Assignments throughout the academic year
- Observation in the workplace
You will need:
- Experience in an Early Years Setting and voluntary or paid workplace alongside the course.
- Enhanced DBS check.
- English/Maths at Level 1 or above. We will assess you at interview.
- A relevant Level 2 qualification in Childcare could also progress you onto this course
Please note: While there is no requirement for learners to have achieved GCSE English and maths upon commencement or completion of a standalone Early Years Educator qualification, all learners who achieve an Early Years Educator qualification, will need the GCSE English and maths A*-C to count in the ratios at level 3, in childcare settings. Learners who don't have these GCSEs can take functional skills.
After successful completion of this course you will be able to seek or continue employment in the Childcare sector or wish to progress onto university.