This programme is an interactive and fun course, consisting of a mix of tutorial sessions, practical activities and individual support.
You will learn:
- Skills and qualities required to be a Childcare Worker.
- What children learn in school today.
- What makes an effective learner.
- How to include all children.
- How children learn through play.
- How to create a positive environment.
- How to review your own skills.
This course enables you to work as a Childcare Worker in a nursery or early years setting.
You will be assessed by workplace observation and your college e-porfolio. The e-porfolio is internet based, so you will undertake this online.
You will be assessed/supported by your tutor and assessor.
We deliver this course at:
- Joseph Priestley Centre, Beeston
- Deacon House Centre
- Enfield Centre
- Printworks Campus
- Park Lane
- Horsforth Library
After successful completion of this course, you may wish to progress onto our Level 3 Childcare EYE course. Alternatively you could seek employment in your chosen sector.