Fees and Finance

For all things money...

Fees and Finance

Fees and Finance

Leeds City College has funds to provide help for students with course-related costs such as equipment, stationery, residential trips, travel to and from college, specialist clothing and child care. There may be help towards the cost of fees for some courses (16-18 year olds do not pay fees).

The funds are limited and applications are dealt with on a first come, first served basis, so please apply as soon as possible.

Who can apply?

Applications will be considered from students whose annual gross household income is less than £26,000 or, for a single person living independently £16,000 who are studying on a course funded by EFA, SFA or an Advanced Learning Loan. You will be studying a minimum of 5 hours per week and meet the residency requirements for studying in the UK. More detailed information is available in the Student Financial Support Policy 2016/17 on the college website

How do I apply?

Download the application form from the college website or ask your tutor for a copy

Evidence of household income must be brought in with the application form, e.g. benefit award notices, etc (the form states exactly what you need to show us). Remember to complete the form fully and show us the evidence we ask for in order to process your application quickly.

Completed applications can be returned to your coaching tutor or School Admin team

Child Care Needs

The childcare application fund is closed as of the 26th of September 2016. If you have handed in your application prior to this date, it is currently been processed and we will contact you in due course, please be aware this may take up to two weeks.

If you do require childcare and have not yet applied, please keep checking the website to see if the fund has been re-opened. If you have any queries, please do not hesitate to contact us on 0113 386 1825 or alternatively, you can speak to Karen Shaw, our Childcare advisor on 07773338401

What other help is there?

Guaranteed Bursary for 16-18yr olds – For students in care/leaving care, or claiming Income Support for themselves. This is a cash payment of up to £1200 a year which is paid as a weekly amount.

A dvanced Learning Loans

If you are aged 19 or over considering enrolling on a further education course at Level 3 or above, you may have to pay fees for your chosen course. There is information on the college website about course fees and fee concessions. You may be entitled to an Advanced Learner Loan to help with course

Information and Advice

There is information about student finance on the college website and you can speak to your tutor or curriculum administrator if you need more help. You can also find out about entitlement to benefits from www.gov.uk – Benefits and if you are age 18+ and in receipt of income support you should consult your Job Centre Adviser.