FA Coaching Courses
FA Level 1 Certificate in Coaching Football
The Level 1 Award in Coaching Football (L1ACF) is awarded by 1st4sport Qualifications and has been developed in partnership with The Football Association (FA) and FA Learning.
Course Duration: 45 Max hours Minimum age 19
If you are over 19 years of age and looking for an introduction to working with grassroots football teams or a parent of a child in a junior team and want to get more involved, then the L1ACF is ideal for you. Students in further or higher education studying sports-related qualifications might also choose this vocational qualification as a first rung on the coaching ladder.
Why should I study the L1ACF?
• To help young people develop their football skills correctly at an early age.
• As the first rung on The FA’s football coaching ladder.
• The qualification is used as part of the requirements for amateur football clubs and schools to achieve the appropriate FA Charter Standard accreditation.
What are the Candidate Prerequisites?
Prior to certification, learners are required to:
• To be at least 19 years of age
• Hold a current emergency aid certificate (HSE approved) and FA Safeguarding Workshop Certificate. The Emergency Aid and Safeguarding Children Workshops are part of the learning programme on the Level 1 Course.
What can I use the L1ACF for?
• As preparation for working with a junior football team.
• To progress on to the FA Youth Award Module 1 or 1st4sport Level 2 Certificate in Coaching Football
• As part of the development of a credible CV for employment in the sport and recreation industry.
• To help your football club gain FA Charter Standard accreditation.
How will my learning programme be structured?
Our course involves the following:
• An induction to the qualification and your programme of learning and assessment.
• A learning programme that meets your needs, including practical sessions delivered by the tutor and the completion of the L1ACF pack which includes online learning modules.
• Emergency Aid & Safeguarding Children workshops
• A programme of assessment spread across the course, including 15 minute observation of your coaching and your packed marked by an appropriately qualified assessor. At the end of the programme, you will be provided with formal feedback on your performance and an action plan for your further development.
What will my assessment involve?
The L1ACF assessment will require you to:
• Demonstrate your understanding of the principles and ethics of your role, and your understanding of the principles and practice of coaching basic football skills to children between the ages of 7-16
• Deliver a 15 minute prepared practical coaching session from the L1ACF Coaching syllabus
• Marking of your completed L1ACF pack
Qualification Aims and Outcomes
To provide learners with an introduction to offering the principals/practice of safe, ethical and effective management and coaching of football to adults and young people, as an assistant normally under the supervision of a Level 2 Qualified coach. The award offers an opportunity for aspiring football coaches to be supported in developing their knowledge of how to effectively coach a local club or school team.
On successful completion of the L1ACF, learners should be able to:
• Know how to establish and maintain an effective , fair and equitable coaching environment
• Understand the principals of coaching
• Know how to establish and maintain a safe coaching environment
• Understand how to Plan coaching activities
• Understand how to prepare equipment and facilities for coaching activities
• Understand how to conduct planned coaching activities
• Understand how to evaluate coaching activities
• Understand how to support participants behaviour and performance
• Understand how to develop own coaching practice
The courses which we have currently planned will take place at the Thomas Danby Campus, Roundhay Road, Leeds LS7 3BG. Please ensure all coaches bring appropriate kit for practical sessions (Astro Trainers no blades or studs) and pen/notepad for theory sessions
Level 1 Coaching Award
FA Level 2 Certificate in Coaching Football
Awarded in partnership with the FA, the Level 2 Certificate in Coaching Football is the next progression on the coaching ladder. The qualification offers candidates a combination of practical experience and class-based theory to develop an understanding of the planning, conducting and evaluation of ethical football coaching sessions.
Course Duration: 90 hours
The practical element of this course is physically demanding and candidates should be reasonably fit.
No pre-requisites to join the course but students are required to attend Safeguarding Children and Emergency Aid Workshops before their final assessment. Laws of the Game Workshops are included in the course.
What will I learn?
On successfully achieving the recognised qualification candidates will be able to:
• develop an appreciation of the ethical coaching process
• plan, conduct and evaluate a series of football coaching sessions
• coach the basic skills and techniques of football
• promote and establish positive working relationships at all levels
• ensure the health and safety of players and others within the coaching environment
• develop greater responsibility for their own learning and development
• promote the sport in a positive and constructive manner
• demonstrate an understanding of the principles of attack and defence through the use of practices and small sided games
• Warm Up/ Cool Down
• Basic Techniques – passing, ball control, turning, dribbling, running with the ball, shooting, heading, goalkeeping
• Principles of attack and defence in practices and small sided game situations
• The learning and coaching process
• Planning, preparing and evaluating coaching sessions
• Football fitness
• Football food
• Health and Safety
• Overuse injuries
• Growing up youngsters in football
• Laws of the Game written assessment
• Attitude and Ethics
• Record of planning, preparing, conducting and evaluating 16 hours of coaching
• Laws of the Game written examination
• Completion of course tasks
If you are interested please complete the college enrolment form and send in payment (Cheque Payable to Leeds City College)
Leeds City College
Thomas Danby Campus
- FA Level 1 May 2013 Thomas Danby Leeds
- FA Level 1 in June 2013 Keighley
- FA Level 1 in September 2013 Keighley