Sheffield City Region Skills Bank
The Sheffield City Region Skills Bank (Skills Bank) is a £17m fund which will be used to upskill employees across the Sheffield City Region. The Skills Bank is now live and their team is ready to invest in Skills Deals with employers across the Sheffield City Region.
Key features of the Skills Bank include:
- Specialist support for employers via a dedicated helpline
- A bespoke economic impact model to assess the growth potential of Skills Deals and determine employer contribution and matched funding up to two thirds the cost of training
- A network of brokers and a skills assessment tool to support employers in defining their skills needs
- An approved list of colleges and training providers that guarantees quality and value for money
The Skills Bank will support employers who have staff based in the Sheffield City Region to enable businesses to grow through helping them to access high quality skills training.
Leeds City College recently successfully gained approved Skills Bank provider status and has joined a framework of providers who will deliver training to meet the needs of eligible employers in the Sheffield City Region who access Skills Bank funding until 2018.The Business Development Team will now begin a programme of engagement with employers in the region to understand their skills needs and develop training plans to be funded.
The Skills Bank has been designed to facilitate a new culture in the skills system by empowering employers to choose and invest in the skills that they need. To this end, Leeds City College has developed a responsive portfolio of business and professional courses to meet the skills and industry needs of employers operating within the Sheffield City Region. This includes over 100 professional courses and bespoke programmes delivered by leading industry associates with specialisms to support skills development and business growth across all recognised sectors.
To find out more about the Skills Bank and to check your eligibility please visit www.sheffieldcityregionskillsbank.co.uk
To find out more about training courses and business solutions Leeds City College can deliver, please visit www.leedscitycollege.ac.uk/employers or contact our Customer Services Advisers on email@example.com / 0113 308 7971. Our team willprovide you with key information and advice to help you to discover the best training solutions to enable your business to grow.
Skills Bank blogs are now live!
The Skills Bank team have released a series of blogs. They focus on what employers really want and the key skills gaps, as well as three sector areas - retail, manufacturing and construction. Please see below for the relevant links:
- The Sheffield City Region Skills Bank: lessons learnt and what employers really want
- Skills Bank: where are the skills gaps?
- The retail revolution and meeting the needs of the emerging skills gaps
- Fit for the future? Attracting talent and developing skills in the manufacturing sector
- Can we fix it? Yes we can! Skills in the construction industry
Skills Bank Newsletters
The Skills Bank will operate from Spring 2016 until March 2018
The Skills Bank has two funding streams: the European Social Fund (ESF) and the Growth Fund