• Prepare, cook and finish meat, poultry, fish and vegetables for complex dishes
• Prepare, cook and finish complex hot sauces, soups, pasta, dressings and cold sauces
• Health & Safety
• Food hygiene
• HACCP (Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point)
• HR and employee/ employer relationships
The course consists of a combination of practical and theoretical classes. There will be opportunities to visit relevant establishments, master classes from professionals in the industry. The course enables you to further develop your skills and introduces you to supervisory management.
- Develop productive working relationships with others
- maintain the health, hygiene, safety and security of the working environment
- prepare game for complex dishes
- cook and finish game for complex dishes
- prepare shellfish for complex dishes.
You will be continually assessed, both practically and theoretically throughout the academic year, and you will have to complete you practical portfolio and a number of underpinning knowledge question papers.
The course is delivered in our brand new facilities at the Printworks Campus. These facilities provide learners with the knowledge and opportunity to develop their skills and techniques in food preparation and food and beverage service. You will have an opportunity to study in the practical training kitchens and the Food Academy @ Printworks restaurant, where you can hone your skills under the expert eye of your subject tutors.
You will need to have successfully completed your Level 2 Diploma in Professional Cookery to enrol on this programme
Students have the opportunity at this stage to commence employment in the hospitality industry, where they can put into practice the skills and knowledge learnt on their programme.